A recent post entitled The Complete Guide To Protecting Your Facebook Privacy When Using Timeline (And the New Ticker) has an excellent run down of choices you now have to protect your privacy. These include:
- installing an app – do you trust the app?
- additional permissions – do you want to share your dob, email address and location with the app?
- who gets to see your use of the app? Do you want everyone to see which movies you watch or music you listen to?
- additional advanced permissions
- adjusting privacy settings once app is installed
Each step has a graphic to show how to make changes to settings.