The Young and Well Cooperative Research Centre is a relatively new organisation in Australia. It
explores the role of technology in young people’s lives, and how technology can be used to improve the mental health and wellbeing of young people aged 12 to 25. The Young and Well CRC unites young people with researchers, practitioners, innovators and policy-makers from over 70 partner organisations across the non-profit, academic, government and corporate sectors.
Over the next five years, our research will:
- Enable young people to participate safely and confidently online;
- Equip young people to shape their own futures and build the skills and personal networks to ensure they succeed in education, employment and volunteering;
- Support young people within their families;
- Empower young people to take part and be active in their communities; and
- Strengthen early intervention and treatment to prevent mental health problems worsening.
This video explains more:
It looks like the Young and Well CRC will be an excellent advocate and resource for the wellbeing of young people.