Today the Australian Communications and Media Authority‘s Cybersmart website is looking at how to deal with unwanted contact online. Advice includes:
- Don’t respond and leave the site or chat session.
- Report it to an adult that you trust or to the police, if there is a threat to your safety
- Block the contact or remove them from your friends list.
- Change your profile settings so that your personal details are kept private.
- Don’t open messages from people you don’t know.
- Keep the evidence. This can be useful in tracking the person posting unsuitable material.
- Contact your ISP and/or phone provider, or the website administrator, there are actions they can take to help.
See more here.