The Australian Mobile Telecommunications Association (AMTA) has published advice on what to do if your mobile is lost or stolen.
- Mobiles are valuable and need care and attention
- Use your mobile’s security features
- Back up your information and data
- Your phone has a unique IMEI serial number
- Notify your carrier if your phone is lost or stolen
- Take care if buying second hand mobiles
- Your carrier does not track lost or stolen mobiles
- IMEI blocking only applies in Australia. If you lose your phone overseas, it cannot be blocked.
Read the whole article here.
The Australian Mobile Telecommunications Association (AMTA) has released a guide to mobile phone etiquette. Summarised, the tips are:
- When in doubt, always go out (of the room to take a call)
- If you can’t turn it off, use silent mode
- When required, turn your phone off and check that it is off
- Keep your conversations private
- Speak softly
- You don’t always have to answer – use a message service
- Talk to the one you’re with
- Don’t send inappropriate messages
- Respect others’ privacy when using in-phone cameras
- Ban the ring, not the phone
To read the whole guide, click here.