Although this two minute video is aimed at younger children, there are some great ideas that we can all use when searching the net.
This poster from Common Sense Media gives great advice on whether to share a photo of your friend/s or not…
Edmodo has recently published a digital citizenship starter kit that was developed in conjunction with Common Sense Media. Although primarily aimed at educators, it does give great tips on how to have conversations with children and young adults about:
- internet safety
- relationships and community
- digital identity
- information literacy
Worth checking out.
Common Sense Media has developed a handy guide for parents to help protect their children’s privacy online. Topics include:
- Understanding the privacy issues that affect your kids
- Learning the importance of privacy settings
- Limiting your kids’ online footprint
- Helping protect your kids’ online reputation
Access the guide here.