This is the last post from iQ for sometime to come. Best wishes to all readers for a safe and happy Christmas and New Year and beyond.
Just a note that if you need support due to online issues, there are a number of avenues you can use:
- Online counselling – chat online to a counsellor
- Cybersmart help button
- Beyond Blue is an Australian organisation that provides information about depression to consumers, carers and health professionals.
- headspace – Australia’s National Youth Mental Health Foundation. If you or someone you know is going through a tough time headspace can help
- Kids Help Line – ‘We care and we listen. Any time for any reason’.
- Lifeline – Crisis support, suicide prevention, mental health support.
- MoodGYM – A free self help program to teach cognitive behaviour therapy skills to people vulnerable to depression and anxiety.
- ReachOut – Information and support so you can get through your own tough times
- Suicide Help Line – Free professional, anonymous support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week across Victoria
- Youth Beyond Blue
- Cybersmart for teenagers
- Facebook help
- Sexting help
You can also search the iQ archives for further assistance.