A few weeks ago Apple announced that its next mobile operating system (for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch), iOS6, to be delivered in the Australian spring, will offer deeper integration of Facebook.
RWW explains the way the new integration will work such as:
- Facebook events are integrated into calendars, and your contacts get Facebook connection as well.
- In addition to more integration in iOS6 and OS X, Facebook integration will also feature prominently in Apple’s App Store and iTunes Store.
- Users will be able to share products, including apps, movies, songs and television shows from the stores.
- Apple will offer a public Facebook integration API.
- Users will get a single sign-in for both Facebook and Apple.
- As it previously did with Twitter, Apple will make it possible for users to post directly to Facebook from the Notification Center.
- Easier sharing of photos to and from Facebook through Apple operating systems.