The Cybersmart website has released a new guide to social networking and online friends for young adults. They advise:
- Limit your friend list—don’t ‘friend’ random people
- Protect your privacy—don’t share your password and set your profile to private
- Your personal details are valuable—don’t share them
- Protect your reputation—keep it clean and ask yourself: would you want others to see what you upload?
- Be careful who you trust—a person can pretend to be someone they are not
- Don’t use a webcam with people you do not know
- Think before you post, chat, upload or download.
Online help and reporting is available here and here.